Blending, retouching and enhancing your subject with light are just some of skills you will learn in this iPhoneography Tutorial. Using apps like Image Blender, TouchRetouch, Snapseed, PicFX and ScratchCam I will show you how to create this dramatic image from two fairly ordinary images.
Apps used: Image Blender, TouchRetouch, Snapseed, Picfx, Scratchcam, Camera Plus Pro
Below are the original 2 images I blended together to make the final image above:
Tents_1.jpg & Birds_2.jpg
1. I cropped the photo with birds and uploaded it into Image Blender. I arranged it (below, left) with the photo with the tents (overlay blending mode).
2. Than I opened TouchRetouch app to remove the wooden beam from the bottom of my photo (below, right) and saved the resulting image.
3. I uploaded it to Snapseed, added Drama filter (Drama1, 90%; (below, left), cropped to square and used the Center Focus filter (Portrait2, Inner brightness +35, Outer brightness -86; (below, right).
4. My next step was Picfx, where I added some textures Olden filter; see: (left).
5. I wasn’t happy with the result, so I opened TouchRetouch again to remove the top bird and clone some other ones (below, right)
6. Scratchcam helped me to darken my photo, add some contrast and delicate scratches (below, left)
7. In the end I opened Camera Plus Pro and used Bulge tool to enlarge two of the birds (below, right).
8. And voila, this is the result image (see: result.jpg)